Tuesday, November 20, 2007

It's about time...

...I started a blog. And I'm doing so with a vengeance -- not one, but two. I don't know just how active this specific blog will be, and I have a conundrum. The problem is I have two somewhat different agendas for potential blogs.

The first and most pragmatic purpose is to write some articles about technology and the stuff wherein I try to earn my bread and trans-fat free butter. I'm trying to brand myself as a tech journalist (which I've done for years, but slacked off since the dot-com bubble burst) and as a business and personal tech consultant. So that will be a separate blog called Techie Time, named after a series of brilliant radio montages created by Peter Zanger and David Rapkin in the late '60s. It lives at techietime.blogger.com. I think you'll like it even if you're not into the latest toys or business solutions.

Hour of the Wolf is, of course, the name with which I've been associated on the radio ever since I took over that program from Margot Adler in the summer of 1974. And that will be the primary focus here -- things that relate to the radio program, guests, science/speculative fiction, fantasy, and related fields of endeavor. I also produce and curate the New York Review of Science Fiction Readings held at the South Street Seaport Museum's Melville Gallery, and posts about that will also turn up here.

If you're interested in the techier topics, check out my other blog. A few topics may cross over, and in some of those instances I may duplicate posts. We'll see. Let me know what you think, or just say Hi.

--Jim

No comments: